Fireside Chat with Craig Allen, President of the US China Business Council
Presented by the Harvard Asian American Alliance-DC and the Harvard Law School Association
Join us on April 23 for an evening of networking and an engaging dialogue regarding key issues related to global business, regulatory requirements and recent legislative changes in the United States that may affect cross-border investments. Mr. Craig Allen, President of the US China Business Council, will be interviewed by Giovanna M. Cinelli, a partner at Morgan Lewis and head of the Firm’s International Trade and National Security Practice. Geopolitical circumstances over the last 5 years have affected the manner in which business and investment has been handled from a national security and transaction perspective. Managing these changes and anticipating additional changes are key to continuing business success.
Fireside Chat with Craig Allen, President of the US-China Business Council (USCBC)
- Former Deputy Assistant Secretary (focused on Asia and China) of the Department of Commerce
- Former United States ambassador to Brunei Darussalam
More about our guest speakers
- Mr. Allen oversees USCBC, a private, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization of approximately 200 American companies that do business with China, such as Apple, Microsoft, Facebook, 3M, Alcoa, AIG, Amazon, Goldman Sachs, Honeywell, and Morgan Stanley. USCBC's mission is to expand the US-China commercial relationship to the benefit of its members and, more broadly, the US economy.
- Ms. Cinelli, a former US Naval Intelligence Officer, member of the Defense Trade Advisory Group and a specialist in national security issues, is the leader of Morgan Lewis’ International Trade and National Security practice. She has testified in Congress on national security issues associated with CFIUS and foreign direct investment, and appeared on both CNN’s “Burden of Proof” and MSNBC’s “Hardball with Chris Matthews” as an expert in international technology transfer, arms exports, and related national security issues.
In addition to the topics mentioned above, they will discuss trending topics, including the current trade dispute, the economic and political changes in China under Xi Jinping, and the diplomatic relationship between China and the United States.
Date: Tuesday, 4/23/2019
Time: 6:15pm - 7pm Networking; 7pm - 8pm Fireside Chat
Beverages and heavy hors d'oeuvres will be served
- Early Bird (until 4/15/2019): $15 per person
- Regular (after 4/15/2019): $20 per person
- Purchase your ticket at: https://h4ahlsa.eventbrite.com
Dress code: Business casual
Seats are limited, get your ticket today!
Questions? Email email@example.com or Yuhsien Wu at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This event is sponsored by the following organizations
Harvard Asian American Alumni Alliance-DC (H4A-DC)
Harvard Law School Association (HLSA)
Cornell Club of Washington DC
Dartmouth Club of Washington DC
Harvard Club of Washington DC
Princeton Club of Washington DC
Washington DC Stanford Association
Yale Club of Washington DC
The Association of Asian American Yale Alumni-DC
Harvard Kennedy School Alumni Council of DC