H4A is hiring a digital communications coordinator!
H4A is looking for a talented part-time digital communications coordinator to run our social media accounts and newsletter. You will be responsible for all aspects of our monthly newsletter; the creation, publication, and management of social media posts; and responses to general email inquiries. Your role will be essential in keeping fellow alumni connected to Harvard and to H4A, making visible the accomplishments of Harvard’s Asian and Asian-American alumni, and strengthening our global community.
We expect you to be well-versed in Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and MailChimp. You should be a self-starter who is creative, organized, and has excellent communication skills.
Start date: This position will start on March 1, 2022 or ASAP.
Expected pay: $800/month, with an opportunity for growth depending on performance.
- Design, draft, and publish newsletter using Mailchimp for readership of ~7,000 alumni every month
- Assist H4A Chapters with publishing regional event announcements on Mailchimp
- Create content for and maintain H4A social media accounts: Instagram, Facebook page, Twitter, and LinkedIn page
- Work closely with webmaster to reshare content to H4A website
- Co-moderate and maintain H4A Facebook and LinkedIn groups
- Respond to inquiries from social media account followers and email inboxes
- Report user engagement metrics to H4A leadership
- Relevant experience with social media management and/or communications
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Ability to deliver creative content (text and images)
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical and multitasking skills
- Preferred: familiarity with Asian American communities and causes, Harvard affiliation
- Please submit a resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 23, 2022. You may also direct any questions to us at this email.