H4A is hiring a digital communications coordinator!
H4A is looking for a talented part-time digital communications coordinator to run our newsletter, social media accounts, external inbox, and website. You will be responsible for maintenance of the website; all aspects of our monthly newsletter; the creation, publication, and management of social media posts; and responses to general email inquiries. Your role will be essential in keeping fellow alumni connected to Harvard and to H4A, making visible the accomplishments of Harvard’s Asian and Asian-American alumni, and strengthening our global community.
You must be a current student or alum of Harvard to apply for this role, as you will need a HarvardKey login to access Alumni Magnet and the Harvard Alumni Directory. We expect you to be well-versed in Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and MailChimp. Some familiarity with Alumni Magnet is preferred, but not required. Most importantly, you should be a self-starter who is creative, organized, and has excellent communication skills.
Start date: This position will start on January 1, 2024.
Expected pay: $800/month, with an opportunity for growth depending on performance.
- Design, draft, and publish our bimonthly MailChimp newsletter for readership of ~8,000 alumni every month, in coordination with H4A leadership.
- Publish chapter-specific announcements through MailChimp.
- Create content for and post on our H4A social media accounts: Instagram, Facebook page, Twitter, and LinkedIn page.
- In coordination with H4A leadership, update the H4A website pages regularly, including event announcements and news.
- Monitor and approve membership applications on our website.
- Update external communications materials, such as banners, photo collages, and videos.
- Respond to inquiries from social media account followers and email inboxes.
- Report user engagement metrics to H4A leadership.
- Relevant experience with social media management and/or communications
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Ability to deliver creative content (text and images)
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical and multitasking skills
- Harvard affiliation
- Preferred: familiarity with Asian American communities and causes
- Please submit a resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com by December 1, 2023. You may also direct any questions to us at this email.